Moist Lemon Bundt Cake
A delicious and moist lemon bundt cake
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
For the Cake
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- zest from 4 large lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
For the lemon glaze
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
For the Vanilla Icing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Make sure to butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Whisk together the baking powder, salt and flour in a bowl for 15 to 20 seconds. Then set aside.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy using a mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. On lowest speed beat in the eggs one at a time until just incorporated.
- Mix in the flour a little at a time until just combined.
- Whip the cream just past the soft peak stage. Stir in about 1/4 of the whipped cream into the batter, and then fold in the remaining whipped cream. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Tap the bottom of the pan against the counter top to knock out any air bubbles.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean near the center. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- To loosen the cake tap the sides and bottom against the counter. Then invert the cake onto a serving platter.
- Stir together lemon glaze ingredients then brush on the hot cake until all of the glaze is absorbed.
- After it has cooled begin making icing. In a bowl, whisk together the icing ingredients, adjusting the cream or confectioners sugar amount to make the icing fairly thick but pourable, not runny. You can warm it slightly to make it easier to drizzle. Drizzle the icing over the top of the bundt cake and serve.
Desserts Channel http://dessertschannel.com/
original source: White On Rice Couple